You are not logged in.

Wie bekomme ich Zugriff aufs Cartmoddingforum | Fire Emblem: Das Siegelschwert Übersetzer gesucht | Videotutorial - Spielpatches benutzen! | Spenden für die Seite

Dear visitor, welcome to Snes-Projects.de. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

chimaera

Ich übe noch

• "chimaera" started this thread

Thursday, May 18th 2017, 8:37pm

SNES TSOP burnt chip problems

I use a 29F033C with a DIP36-TSOP40 Adapter (III).
When i put
the game into the SNES, it worked for a couple of seconds and showed the Squaresoft logo, then it failed.
It gave a burnt smell, and when i look at the 29F033C chip, i can see that pins 29 VSS, 30 VSS, 31 VCC are burnt.

I have bridged R1 and R3 on the adapter board.

Does anyone have a clue what i am doing wrong?

PCB

Pins 21-40

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "chimaera" (May 18th 2017, 8:48pm)

RedScorpion

Abteilungsleiter

• "RedScorpion" is male

Friday, May 19th 2017, 9:34am

Hi,

29 and 30 are VSS = GND: You could solder a bride and Connect a cable to the GND Point 18. Close the third jumper and try again.

The pin 31 is vcc and should work. If the connect is broken, you should got only a black screen.

Maybe, you have a broken solderpad. Please resolder all connections on the backside of the pcb.

thanks

red

chimaera

Ich übe noch

• "chimaera" started this thread

Friday, May 19th 2017, 5:29pm

Hi and thank you for your response!

It seemed to work for a couple of seconds, but then it turned black and i smelled the burnt chip.
I will try that to connect VSS to GND pin later and see if that works, and also close R2

Rate this thread